Friday, August 5, 2011

Studio Inspiration . . .

I am almost ready to debut my studio space with you. A couple more pieces to the puzzle will be added within the next week and then it should be good to go! I'm so excited to have this space for the fall and winter (and lately those hot hot days) I'm pretty sure its really going to broaden my photography possibilities.

So . . . without further adieu, I want to share with you MY inspirations behind my studio space. I hope you get as excited as I was!

 Found this picture of the shelves. Simple. Industrial looking yet not too harsh.
This one you've seen before. Its a vintage roulette wheel from Pottery Barn. It has been hiding in my stairwell for two years and needs to come out!

 Pretty awesome chalkboard from Restoration Hardware. If only it weren't $499!

 Can't you just picture someone sitting on a bench like this for a beautiful photo. Or a baby laying dead center in the middle of it? 

 Barn doors turned room divider. 

 Love the leaning mirror with the white frame against the gray walls and neutral pallet.

My clients need somewhere to hang their coats. What is better than birch branch suspended from the ceiling?

 Be still my heart . . . gorgeous chair from Restoration Hardware.

 This was my inspiration (From Pottery Barn) for my secretary desk redo a few years back. But its being used in the studio so I figured I'd ad this picture in.

 Brass chandelier turned antique bronze.

 Antique typewriter for a prop!

I've gone back and forth on what kind of coffee table I wanted. Originally I was thinking and old trunk but can't seem to find one big enough for the space. Then I was planning on making one with two wooden pallets and attach casters on the bottom, but then I was kinda worried about splinters. I'm not leaning towards a round table hight pedestal table like in this photo. I have a wide space to fill and something like this will do the trick. 


So there you have it. I'm still putting the finishing touches on everything and collecting items that work in the space but also make great props and backdrops. I'm hoping the last BIG pieces will be all set to go by the end of this weekend.


No comments:

Post a Comment