Friday, June 3, 2011

A picture is worth a thousand . . . birds?


My very wonderful and talented friend Bethany of Larky Park Clothing and Accessories shared this the other day after the first Broadway Farmer's Market on Wednesday night. And I found it such a sweet photo that I HAD to share it on my blog.

For those that live in Green Bay, you know how windy it was on Wednesday. Now, I unfortunately didn't make it down to the market that night due to my 2 year old, but normally I'd be there. It is a really great way to spend time with family and friends and the artistic and lively atmosphere is amazing! But the first market of the season would have blown me away apparently (Yes, I totally meant the play-on words) Tents were flying, merchandise unable to be put out and not to mention everyone's hair was a tangled mess. But through all the chaos Mother Nature likes to throw at us, this happened . . .


"Amidst the high winds, collapsing tents, and general cuckoo-ness of the season's first market - something very sweet happened. I had started to feel discouraged and a bit whipped - when out of the bluster landed a wee little bird who must have felt the same. It stayed for about 20 minutes, nestled in while I bustled about. Eventually i just stopped to take in the wonder of it's small little self - a real, live little bit. Oddly enough, that bird settled me down somehow. It was wonderful, precious and needed." Bethany Fuson of Larky Park



No comments:

Post a Comment