Friday, June 17, 2011

Playing in the backyard . . .

Today has been truly wonderful. The weather is absolutely gorgeous and I have nothing but time to spend with my family. My youngest son was taking a nap so I decided to join my two eldest sons outside to soak up some of their energy and some of the beautiful sunlight. So why not bring my camera too?


This had me thinking of a pretty good photography post. A little word of wisdom when planning a shoot with your children. Or even if YOU yourself are going to take some pictures of them. Kiddos don't like to be posed. Really. They don't. They like to run. They like to jump. They like to play with their toys and make funny faces. And those are the situations that make for a might fine photo!

So maybe next time, instead of getting them all dressed up in uncomfortable clothes and trying to make them sit nice and straight and smile at the camera, let them be themselves. Follow them around. Laugh with them. Because, chances are, you'll get a really great photo out of them!

No comments:

Post a Comment