Monday, May 30, 2011

McKinley's Photo Quilt . . .

Since my last post about the baby "quilt" project, I've been thinking.
I've been trying to decide how to do one with my son McKinley even though he is already 2 months old. Well, I figured it out. I went through my archives of pictures of him from around 1 month old and found one of him in a white onesie! Woo hoo!!!! So this morning I set him on a piece of fabric, that I just happened to have laying around, and after taking dozens of pictures, got the perfect one to "mesh" with the one of him at 1 month old so that the angle, lighting, and fabric wripples were right. 1 hour and lots of photoshop attempts later . . . TaDa!

McKinley - 1 month


As you probably have guessed, I'm going to be doing them by months and end up with 12 pictures for his "quilt". And for those of you that don't know, the quilt "thing" happens to be pretty perfect for him. One of my best friends and I took a quilting class together when we were pregnant and both of us made baby quilts for our new baby's room. So I'm thinking a theme for a first birthday party is already in the works.

And for the 2 month picture . . . well, I'm a little late too. But only by a week and a half so I figured I might as well just take a new one rather than try and find one of him in a white onesie. So that's what I did.

McKinley - 2 months


So far, so good. In a few weeks I'll be taking the 3 month one. And I'm just in aw because I cannot believe that he will be three months old already in just 3 weeks! Time is a precious commodity.

No comments:

Post a Comment